We welcome your written proposal or prospectus and will respond to your inquiry as quickly as possible. A book prospectus should include the following items in addition to a cover letter.
- Author(s) name(s) in full.
- Give the complete work and home addresses, area codes, phone and fax numbers and email addresses for each author.
- Author(s) history (CV).
- Give the author(s) nationality, birthdates, and maiden name (if applicable). Necessary for Book Cataloguing and Publication Information.
- Is this work part of a series? If so please provide a history and description of the series. Who is the series editor?
- Aim/scope/content/methodology of the work.
- Table of contents.
- Chapter outline/abstracts.
- Into which discipline does this work fall?
- Current status of the work. Is it complete, if not what remains to be done? Proposed completion date.
- If this work is derived from a thesis, describe the nature and extent of the changes which have been made.
- If the work in question is derived from a thesis, give the name of the thesis director and of all external and internal examiners on the jury. Where and when was the thesis defended?
- Has any portion of this work been published before, or is any part about to appear in print, in the same or a somewhat different form? If so, specify which parts, where and when? What revisions (if any) have been made to the material for inclusion in the present work?
- If this is a collectively written work, give the names, academic addresses (if any), and normal place of residence of all contributors. Given that a collective work may be considered only if it constitutes the result of a collaborative effort, and if there is substantive integration of chapters, explain as clearly as possible how the work meets these criteria.
- Size (typed, double-spaced pages). If not complete, estimate finished size.
- Nature of tables and illustrations. Include quantity, size (full-page or half-page), and state whether they are available in camera ready form or require typesetting.
- Is the work available in machine readable (computer) form? What hardware, operating system, software and version of software were used?
- Special features. How many and what type (e.g. maps, colour illustrations, et cetera)?
- Whom do you see as the primary and secondary audiences for this book?
- What similar titles have been addressed to the same groups of readers?
- Financial sponsorship. Has some funding been applied for and secured to assist with the costs of production? If so, how much?
- MULTIPLE SUBMISSION: Is this work currently being considered for publication by any other publishers?
- Please write 500-word description of the book that may be used as marketing copy.
Generally, we prefer that authors do not submit complete manuscripts unless invited to do so by an editor.